(HealthDay News) — Neck pain can be triggered or worsened by poor posture. So make sure posture is on your mind as you sit at your desk and go about your day.
The Mayo Clinic suggests:
- Keep a straight line from your hips to your shoulders and your shoulders to your ears.
- Take regular stretch breaks. Get up, move around and stretch your body.
- Move your computer monitor level with your eyes. Keep your knees slightly below your hips, and rest your arms on armrests.
- Opt for a speakerphone or headset. Don’t hold the phone between your ear and shoulder.
- If you have heavy bags, don’t carry them over your shoulder, which may strain the neck.
- Practice good posture when asleep, with your head and neck in alignment.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.