(HealthDay News) — As the school year starts, it is important for parents to recognize the signs of bullying.
Stopbullying.gov offers these suggestions for parents with
- Recognize thewarning signsthat your child is involved in bullying.Whether your child is being bullied or is bullying, it’s important to discuss the issue with your child.
- Learnwhat bullying isandwhat it is not. Some behaviors that look like bullying may be just as serious, but may require different a response.
- Identify the type of bullying that’s occurring. Cyberbullying requires a different strategy than face-to-face bullying.
- If you suspect bullying has occurred, find out exactly what happenedso you can communicate with the child’s school.
- Research and understand state and federal anti-bullying laws.
- If you need assistance,contact stopbullying.org.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.